Blue River Sand and Gravel
Blue River Sand and Gravel was established in 1926 by a group of businessmen in the Blue Rapids and Waterville area. Alva Stryker, one of the original stockholders, purchased the business in 1948 and was carried on by his two sons Floyd and Russell Stryker in 1963.
Hall Brothers acquired Blue River Sand and Gravel in 1985. The business is engaged in surface mining and processing of sand and gravel. The business supplies various types of aggregate material for road construction, road maintenance and building construction. Special products include well gravel for water wells and patio rock for landscaping.
Products: Patio rock, Well gravel, Crushed gravel, Mixed aggregate for concrete, Fill sand, Grated sand and gravel, 1 1/2” road rock.